Welcome to NATRC
North American Trail Ride Conference
New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and Montana
One of Six Regions within NATRC
The North American Trail Ride Conference (NATRC) promotes horsemanship and horse care as the apply to the sport of distance riding by offering a variety of challenging and educational experiences designed to strengthen horse and rider partnerships.
The Nature of Our Sport
The North American Trail Ride Conference (NATRC) provides long distance competitive trail rides for riders of all breeds and from all disciplines. We promote safety, sportsmanship, education and trail horse advocacy through qualified evaluation of horse and rider by veterinary and horsemanship judges, in a fun, responsible environment for the whole family.
The Philosophies of NATRC
1. To stimulate greater interest in breeding and use of good equines possessed of stamina and hardiness and qualified to make good mounts for trail use.
2. To demonstrate the value of type and soundness in the proper selection of equines for competitive trail riding.
3. To learn and demonstrate the proper methods of training and conditioning equines for competitive trail riding.
4. To encourage good horsemanship as related to trail riding.
5. To demonstrate the best methods of caring for equines during and after long rides without the use of artificial methods or stimulants.
National Newsletter March, 2013
Not on our E-News mailing list? Click here to subscribe. It's free!
On Behalf of Region 3, we wish you a wonderful year in 2013.
Happy Trails and Safe Travels.